Did you know …
- Philanthropy Day is produced entirely by volunteers?
- another team of volunteers serve as judges for the awards (we’ve done it two years now!)?
- this is the 14th Philanthropy Day in Austin?
- the event consistently sells out, making it one of the most attended fundraising events of the year?
- past award winners include people like Edward R. “Dick” Rathgeber, Michael and Susan Dell, the Meadows Foundation, the Sooch Foundation, Wells Fargo Bank, Russell Bridges, Impact Austin, Thundercloud Subs, Jeff Garvey, Mollie O’Hara Butler, CFRE, and Barry Silverberg?
- the new issue of GivingCity will be on every chair?
- Philanthropy Day is tomorrow, Feb. 14, at the Hyatt?
- planning for Philanthropy Day 2014 has already started?!
Also, the great thing is that proceeds from the luncheon support AFP Greater Austin Chapter activities that foster the development and growth of fundraising professionals.
Local philanthropy is built on the talents and commitment of our fundraising professionals. Their success is the success of the community because it’s through their work that important social needs are fulfilled.
AFP Austin promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession, provides scholarships for continuing education and conducts education, advocacy, research and certification programs on philanthropy. The chapter has more than 360 members representing more than 260 different non-profit organizations.
Philanthropy Day is important, Austin! So we’ll see you there.